To be classified as such, “True HEPA” filters must meet strict standards set by the U.S. Department of Energy, such as removing 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles. This includes tackling all kinds of contaminants, such as dust, mold spores and more.
The first Fine Preliminary Filter helps neutralize airborne bacteria, pet dander, mold, and fungi. The True HEPA Filter then traps dust mites, large particles, and pollen. The Activated Carbon Filter, the third stage of filtration, purifies various household odors such as cooking smells, pet odors, and cigarette smoke.
This is a product with a good quality/price ratio, if to be used at a small room (up to 12 square meters).
In terms of filtering of Volatile Organic Compounds, does not seem specially powerful as it contains a small amount of activated carbon in its filters. However, due to the fact that this purifier is to be used in small rooms, and assuming you are not expecting it to clean heavy air pollution (eg smoke from cigarettes), it can be a good and low budget alternative.
- Small, light and maneuverable
- Has activated carbon filter
- Ozone free
- Good price
- Only for small rooms (up to 12 square meters)
- Can be noisy at the highest speed (should not be a problem if used in a small room and power can be set to a low setting)
- Limited cleaning of Volatile Organic Compounds (thin carbon filter)
Specification: Levoit LV-H132, Levoit Air Purifier LV-H132 Replacement Filter UK