The Levoit Air Purifier LV-H132 is catalogued as a True HEPA air purifier. To be classified as “True HEPA”, filters must abide by strict standards set by the U.S. Department of Energy. One of them is removing 99.97% of particles with 0.3 micron size. This includes removing all kinds of contaminants, mould spores, dust and other types of harmful substances in the air.
The Levoit Air Purifier LV-H132 consists of many filters working together, each of which offers a layer of protection:
- The Fine Preliminary Filter traps airborne bacteria ????, pet dander ????????, mould, and fungi.
- The True HEPA Filter then traps larger particles, for example dust mites ???? and pollen ????.
- The Activated Carbon Filter, works slightly different to the previous two filters. This filters does not remove particles from the air, but gases. In particular, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) which are harmful gases such as formaldehyde. These gases are produced from new furniture and paint, cooking, pets, and cigarette smoke. ???? Not only these gases can be annoying, but some of them can also be harmful. To remove them you need an Activated Carbon Filter like the one the Levoit Air Purifier provides.
????The Levoit Air Purifier LV-H132 is a product with a good quality/price ratio, if to be used at a small room (up to 12 square meters).
???? In terms of filtering of Volatile Organic Compounds, does not seem specially powerful as it contains a small amount of activated carbon in its filters. However, due to the fact that this purifier is to be used in small rooms, and assuming you are not expecting it to clean heavy air pollution (eg a lot of smoke from cigarettes), it can be a good and low budget alternative.
????As a portable air purifier, we find it a bit bulky and heavy, but provided you are not working on a desk which is too small and can’t hold a bit extra weight, that should not be a problem. After all, if an air purifier is too small, its air cleaning power will also be smaller. In this case, it is a fair balance.
???? Is it very quiet, so it is a good choice if you plan to use it at night while you sleep, or the noise makes you lose concentration.
????This product has outstanding reviews in Amazon, with more than 25k ratings!
All in all, we find the Levoit Air Purifier a very good choice.
Levoit air purifier lv-h132 replacement filter
Replacement filters for the Levoit Air Purifier LV-H132 are easy to find, and inexpensive. You can find them available on this link.
This replacement filter is made of 3 sub-filters, providing different stages of filtration, same as the original filter that comes with the device.
It is recommended to replace the filters every 6 months. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to extend the duration of the filter for a few months more. In order to do that you will need to remove the filter, and use the vacuum cleaner on both sides of the filter. You will see how the preliminary filter, which is the part that captures the biggest particles in order to protect the other 2 filters, will be significantly cleaned up by the vacuum cleaner.
However, we don´t recommend to do this more than once, as the vacuum cleaner will clean the preliminary filter but will not reach the internal filters (activated carbon and HEPA filter), and these trap the pollution deep inside and the vacuum cleaner will not be able to extract it from them.
How to replace the filters of the Levoit Air Purifier LV-H132: once you receive the new filter, you need to follow the following steps:
Once you have done this, you will need to reset the filter lifetime. This means that you need to reset the air purifier so that it knows that you changed the filter, and it can display you the warning that you need to replace the filter again when the time comes.
To reset the filter countdown:
- Plug in the air purifier
- Turn the air purifier on.
- When the air purifier is on standby, you must then press and hold the filter reset button. Do this for 3 seconds.
- The light on the filter reset button will turn off. This indicates that the reset is complete.
Levoit lv-h132 air purifier manual
You can find the manual for this model on the link below:
- Small, light and manoeuvrable
- Has activated carbon filter
- Ozone free
- Good price
- Only for small rooms (up to 12 square meters)
- Limited cleaning of Volatile Organic Compounds (thin carbon filter)
Specification: Levoit Air Purifier LV-H132 Review
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.